BASIC SERVICE (parts not included)
This service is annual tune-up providing a thorough inspection, cleaning, safety check, and efficiency analysis in which the following services are performed as required by your equipment once a year:
Parts and service calls are not included and will be billed at our prevailing rates, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30p.m. All calls after 4:30 p.m. daily, and all day Saturday, Sunday, and holidays will be billed a time and one-half per hour.
SERVICE PLUS (parts not included)
This service provides an annual tune-up as described in our basic service plan …PLUS…. All labor on service calls covered under the service plan between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, will be furnished at no charge. PLUS….labor on all emergency calls that are covered under the service plan after 4:30 p.m. daily, and all day Saturday, Sunday, arid Holidays will be billed our prevailing flat rate per call.
We recommend this plan for the greatest heating satisfaction and economy. It includes the annual tune-up as described in our BASIC SERVICE, PLUS….
- Labor on all service calls that are covered under the service plan between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, will be furnished at no charge.
- Labor on all emergency service calls that are covered under the service plan after 4:30 daily, and all day Saturday, Sunday and Holidays will be billed at our prevailing flat rate per call.
- The immediate replacement of any of the following parts that become defective as a result of normal wear:
Plans cover one oil heating appliance and one zone only. There will be a charge for each additional zone. Water heaters are not covered by any of the above plans. Separate oil fired water heater plans are available.
GENERAL CONDITIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
The service plans are available exclusively to Mercury Fuel oil customers who are on automatic oil delivery, purchase a minimum of 500 gallons of home heating oil per year and whose payments are in accordance with our credit terms.
We do not hesitate to repair or replace parts promptly as required, however, we cannotguarantee to replace obsolete parts or parts not acceptable to local heating codes.
Our service plans become valid upon our approved inspection. We reserve the right to reject any plan if our inspection should reveal that the oil burner or heating system is in such condition that the services offered would be unsatisfactory to either or both parties. This plan will be in effect for 12 months from the date of acceptance and will be automatically renewed unless terminated by either party upon 30 days written notice. No credit will be issued if cancelled before expiration date.
Services will be performed as soon as feasible under normal conditions. We shall not be liable for any delay or failure to supply such service or material, when such delay or failure is due to conditions beyond our control. In no event shall we be liable for any consequential damages or injury.
Our service plans do not cover the cost of labor and parts when required for any of the following and will be billed at our prevailing rates:
- Damage caused by fire, flooded cellar, power outage or surge, system water leaks or any other abnormal cause which may affect the normal operation of the equipment.
- When switches are in the off position
- Thermostats not calling for heat
- Blown fuses
- Service calls due to (CO) Carbon Monoxide detection devices.
- Failure to keep adequate supply of oil in the system or oil in tank. (unless oil is being supplied under our Automatic Delivery Service)
- Any service needed as a result of an inadequate air supply to burner, including excessive lint, dust, animal hair, or any other debris found in the combustion air shutter and/or fan.
- Repairs to boiler, blower assembly, or furnace
- Air tubes and retention heads, baffles, flue collectors, heat exchangers, combustion chambers, ductwork, line voltage thermostats, programmable thermostats, set back thermostats, direct drive blower motors, power venting systems, motorized valves, power heads, electronic controls, multi-zone relays, triple acting aquastats, low water cutoffs, energy saving devices, air cleaners, humidifiers, two stage fuel pumps, dampers, zone damper or panels, spin on oil filters, vent alarms, combination vent alarm/gauges, electrical wiring or piping, oil piping, outside or underground oil tanks, water and/or sludge in oil tanks, frozen oil lines, or any other parts not listed in the Total Service Plan.
In addition, our plans do not cover labor or material on any of the following plumbing/water work:
- Draining expansion tanks, venting radiators, air vents, automatic feed valves, flow valves, relief valves, zone valves, mixing/tempering valves, anode rods, flow restrictors, water shut-off’s, water-cooled circulators, circulator bearing assemblies, radiation, water piping, water leaks, freeze-up in heat or domestic water piping, domestic hot water coils or tanks, bleeder valves, calls for not enough or no hot water, any other water related problems.
- Air conditioning equipment, components and or labor are not covered by our service plans.
The plan covers domestic type burners firing up to two gallons per hour.
This agreement will become void if all fuel oil requirements are not purchased from Mercury Energy Distributors Inc.
All “after hours” calls that are not considered an emergency will not be honored under our service plans, and will be billed at our prevailing overtime rates.
Our annual tune-up flat rate labor is based on a maximum service time of one and one half hours. Upon our initial service, any additional time required above and beyond two hours will be billed at our prevailing hourly rates.
All plans subject to connecticut state sales tax.
CT. Lic. #0386390